CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Thursday, November 29, 2007

something came back to my mind yday during our cold-war period. it's like i forgot abt it for the longest time.. but now tt the memory's come back, i thot i shud blog it so when i come back to read this someday, i will recall again - this very sweet little bit of detail from my r'ship stories.

there was one year during *his* reservist, i think it was probably 2 years ago.. in 2005. it was a so-called high-key, so that means his reservist lasted for abt 2 weeks. and i think he didn't get to book out weekends or something.. so we ended up not seeing each other for a long time.. until one of the days in the 2nd week, he msged me, "B! i am gg to NUH now! medical check up! u want to come meet me here?"

once i saw the msg, replied, "ok!" and bounced up from bed, (i was still in poly then.. probably one of the days i didn't go to sch. :P) and went to get ready. i showered and dressed and made up in half an hour (which is a record for me!) and ran out of my hse and got into a cab. i reached NUH in less than hour of receiving the sms. :p

when i reached, i saw him sitting down with 2 other reservist guys. when he saw me, he walked toward me and signalled me outside. his officer was within range so he cud not be too obvious abt it.

so we walked outside to a corner where no one cud see and then he held my hand. we didn't say much, he jus stood there, holding my hand and puffing away. i jus stood there and watched him puff.

after that we went back inside and he saved me a seat beside him and i jus sat there with him and his mates. he reached out to touch my hand a couple of times.

after the check-up was over, he had spare time while waiting for their transport to come and take them back to camp. so we went to the canteen to grab a bite.. caught up on a bit of our lives for the past week.. then he had to go.

i watched him get into his camp vehicle and he waved me goodbye. after that i took a cab home.

it was bizarre. it's like i dressed up to go see him for only 2 hours. and we didn't do much. and thinking back.. it was quite silly of us. haha.

but we were happy to see each other. and a warm, fuzzy feeling brews in me when i think abt it. :)

i hope more of such memories come to back to me.. so it makes me happy even for tt teeny weeny while.

0 comments: