CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Friday, November 16, 2007

i received a phone call on my mobile phone on wednesday afternoon about someone who wants to give me a free makeover and photoshoot.

i should have known, nothing comes for free in this world.

i've had thots of getting one done recently anywae, so it didn't take long for them to convince me to go for this "free" makeover.

i made an appointment with them the very next day, and went there after work. i was surprised to see so many ppl at the studio when i entered. if their business was this good, they didn't have to give out free makeover and photoshoots to ppl, right? at one point, i suspected that someone bought me a package and secretly arranged for me to go. *wishful thinking*

so they assigned an image consultant to me.. it was this 23 yr old malay guy.. who wasn't very good-looking, short but had a very warm personality. he spent half an hour talking to me, trying to find out more abt my personality so that he knew wat kind of clothes to put me in and the kind of mood shoot that would be suitable for me (casual, formal, provocative etc.)

There was going to be 2 shoots for me that day. the 1st one, they had decided to go with casual. so i put on a long-sleeve, off-shoulder top with my denim mini skirt. hair was straight and left hanging loosely around my shoulders.

2nd shoot, they had wanted to do "artistic". this is a tricky term. artistic, sometimes meant nude. so i got a bit worried. but they told me no no.. u will be wearing clothes on you.. but we will make it look very very deceptive.

so turns out it was a very clean and stylish concept. they gave me a "bedroom" look. i had smoky eyes and big curls in my hair. i was wearing stuff on me but in some photos, it looked like i wasn't. but it was very tastefully done.

after this, i changed out of the clothes, and proceeded to photo selection.

some of the photos turned out realli nice.. but as promised over the phone, they were only going to give me 2 complimentary photos (raw, non-editted) out of the 60 shots we took. it wasn't hard, i picked out 2 of them quickly.. one each from 2 shoots i did.

then came the dreaded bit. they tried to make me sign up for their package.

when i came, i thot all they wud force me to do, was buy more photos of myself from the shoot of 60 photos, instead of jus going home with the 2 complimentary photos.. boy, i was so wrong.. they tried to sell me their membership package worth some SGD3,800!! MAD OR WAT! they went on and on with their hard-selling for about an hour and i listening patiently and politely throughout. when i started to slowly refuse their package, they got a bit more aggressive and forceful. i also started to raise my voice and explain to them, for the 100th time, why i cud not sign up with them there and then. when it dawned on them that i was not gg to sign, they turned nasty. one of the guys said, "well, it's alright, i guess. if she's not even someone who can make a decision on her own, i don't think we should waste our time talking to her anymore."

now, that was getting personal. it hit my raw nerve somewhere. i still tried to explain NICELY.

"it is not that, i haf oredi said, i cannot jus sign away SGD3,800! i need to think abt it." i didn't even reject them completely.

"bye" the guy said back to me. before i gave myself a chance to raise my hand to slap one of them, i grabbed my bags and walked towards the door. and stormed away.

DAMN IRRITATING!!!! how can they do business like that?? even if i had realli wanted to do a makeover later in life, i wud NOT consider them anymore! i wud not even recommend them to ppl no matter how good their photos turn out!!!

so now, i am going to warn everybody - DO NOT take up any services or packages offered by a photography studio named NAUGHTY BY NATURE Image Consultants (NbyN) situated at 69 Circular Road (Boat Quay). they are simply unprofessional and rude! i am going to start my boycotting exercise as of today. go to forums and warn ppl abt them!!!

ARGH. i am still angry thinking back abt it, but at least i got 2 very nice photos out of them, while, they, got nothing out of me. HA.

maybe will show u guys the pictures later on.. need to ask ppl do some editting for me 1st. HAHA.

2 comments:

.J said...

they should be named stupid by nature instead! i guess they wun stay for long, afterall they don't even know the basis of doing business. that's shame! PUI.

Mrs. Lee said...

PUI is the right word man! it realli is a shame they do not know how to think long term. tsk tsk.