CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Monday, August 04, 2008

For a change, i thot i'd blog abt something nice today.

As many would have known by now, the bf and i will be getting legally married this coming sep 14.. on the lunar calendar's Mooncake Festival.

and i have heard this following question once too many - How do you know he is THE ONE?

1st of all, i dare say that we know each other inside out. we can literally finish up each other's sentences and predict the reaction of one another upon hearing some things. and the best part of this is that, we also totally understand why each of us say or do some things.

Example 1:
me - "ya, i don't like to put tattoos on prominient/flashy places."
him - "cuz she thinks that's too loud and she prefers to show it only when appropriate."

*BINGO!*

Example 2:
me - "i would nv quit my job not securing another one 1st."
him - "cuz if she starts to laze ard at home, she might nv be able to get her butt to move again."

*BINGO!*

but well.. some of you might now be thinking.. but these are such trivial stuff.. is that enough for you to decide that he's THE ONE?

of cuz not. trivial as they may be.. they are crucial in keeping the relationship stable and healthy.

but also.. more importantly.. i believe in my 2 mottos in relationship:
1. When 2 persons are together, they should make each other better persons.
2. Love conquers all.

I know the 2nd one sounds so cliche but i truly believe in it. if there is love, anything can be overcomed.

and as for the 1st motto.. it took me years to understand and when i fianlly did, i religiously swore by it.

he has, indeed, made me a better, better person.

i have turned from a perpetual bitter person, to a consciously happy person.

i have changed from a childish girl, to an understanding girlfriend.

i have learnt to truly forgive and forget.. without any excess baggage.

and to be able to become the person i am today.. it took us many years, many quarrels and many tears. and throughout all these time.. he never gave up on me.

and that, is why i kno he is THE ONE.

he teaches me but listens to me as well.

he restricts my splurging habits but spoils me rotten with little pleasures.

he knows what all the things i dislike and never repeats his mistakes twice.

above all.. he treats me with equal respect and importance as himself, if not more.

how much more can i ask from a man? aside from loving me for who i am, which is the most fundamental basis of a relationship, i cannot be more grateful that he is my mentor, best friend, soulmate and lover all at once. I look forward to placing more labels on him such as husband, father and the love of my life.

I am as contented as I can ever be and I can firmly tell everyone that, he is THE ONE for me.

:)

0 comments: