CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

32 days to my ROM! *panics!*

things i still have to do:
1. Alter my white dress - and i dun realli kno if the tailor can do wat needs to be done..
2. Wedding bands - The one I wanted does not come in my ring size and there's no time to make one cuz we are running out of time. So I need to go and pick out a new one. It is no easy feat, i tell u!!
3. Buy his shirt - this totally slipped my mind.. we have to go shopping this weekend!
4. DIY decorations for my ROM venue - have to go DAISO to get stuff.. they've got amazing stuff there!
5. Confirm the type of flowers we're gonna use for venue + hand bouquet + posies

i kno all these things sound so easy to settle but it realli isn't so.. each is time-consuming and gonna take a lot of travelling ard. and having to work from monday to friday leaves me time only on weekends. so technically i have abt 4 more weekends i.e. 8 days to finish up all of the above.

just when i thot i have got everything covered.. these little easy-to-overlook things pop up one by one and i am slowly feeling the pressure.

yday i finally dragged my lazy ass to meet my solemnizer at Toa Payoh where he attends the "Meet The People" Session. Yes my solemnizer is a member of parliament in the Toa Payoh GRC. I had to meet him so that he can sign the consent form to be our solemnizer at our ROM and I will need to furnish this form to the authorities for their filing/administration purpose when we pick up our marriage cert 3 days prior to the actual ROM.

Turns out he does not sound as blur as he does on the phone but definitely more fatherly than i thot him to be. He was very detailed in explaining the procedure to me and in the things that I needed to know.

And i have to add - altho he is a white-haired stout man, i can see traces of his once good-looking features on his now-wrinkled face. When he dug into his namecards to hand me one, I saw that he was not only a member of parliament with PAP, but also a big-shot executive with SingTel.

Most imptly, he made me feel realli comfortable and that made me feel realli at ease abt having him solemnize our marriage.

When he went thru the procedure with me, he kept mentioning the words "hubby" and "man and wife". It is a little strange for me at this point but I must admit the fact that I am going to be married is slowly sinking in now.. but it is still strange! :S

But well, that is probably the least of my concerns for now. I realli need to finalize a few things and enlist the help of my biological sister and the sista - the best friend sort. :p

and before that happens - which i kno will turn out great in the capable hands of those 2.. want to say THANK YOU in advance! :)

0 comments: