CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

i think one of the biggest reason why i love my hubby so much is because he alwaes keeps me grounded by the most basic principles in life.

he makes me see that a lot of things in life don't matter if u know how to look far and plan ahead.

so u've taken a fall today, so wat? if u get up and walk again, u r stronger than those who's nv fallen.

so u have been accused wrongfully, so wat? if ur conscience is clear, time will prove all things wrong. rem, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will nv hurt me".

i hope the above kind of sums up wat i'm trying to say. it's jus that with so many tragedies going on ard us.. i realli dun understand why some ppl still insist of making other ppl's life miserable for no particular benefit of their own. these selfish, narrow-minded and bitter ppl are truly the typical "ugly singaporean".

i think some singaporeans realli have it too good in their lifes that they forget abt the basic principles of life. wat's happened to compassion, forgiveness and consideration? and the most basic of them all - courtesy. i realli do not understand girls who are walking-swearing-machines. wat are they trying to prove? that they have a flair for insulting ppl, particularly their parents? such obnoxious behaviour has realli got to be eradicated if Singapore wants to be a civilised society.

after wat i wud call "an unpleasant episode with the ignorant", i have come to be secretly proud of myself that i can put my point across with hurling a single word of vulgarity. it did not even cross my mind to do that cuz it was realli unnecessary and uncalled for. and i believe that ppl who do that do it out of a guilty conscience and a pride too big for their own good.

i recognised that the situation was gg a place that was way out of my league and class, so i walked away. after all, i have oredi gotten my point across and how they took to it and realli none of my business.

this episode realli got me thinking - are human beings taking things for granted? that everyday we wake up, we will have nice clothes to wear, good food to eat and happy ppl ard us all the time? when was the last time we felt thankful for the bed u sleep on every night, the ppl who were/are there for you during your down times and the colleague who buys lunch for u sometimes?

it makes me think abt the movie "pay it forward" when i think abt such things. and that like the boy, i am going to pay it forward by learning how to let go of grudges and start by being nice to ppl, whether they are nice to me or not.

ultimately, i want to leave this world with a smile on my face with tears of joy and be able to look back and hope i made a difference in ppl's life..

so to the girl in my "unpleasant episode with the ignorant" - i hope u live a happy life ahead and may our paths nv cross each other's again - if not for happy occasions.

*Life is too short to have hate and regret in it. Fill it up with joy, happiness and lots of love!*

0 comments: