CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Personal Brand of Heroin

The last time I had such an obsession over a novel/chick-lit must have been "The Other Boleyn Girl" (has it been almost a year - can't rem). I wouldn't say it is not enjoyable.. finding a great read is exciting for me.. I can lose sleep, skip meals and very likely skip work to read it. (but the last one has not happened so far, yet.)

so this "Twilight" obsession has thrown me into another reading fernzy.. I got all four instalments from my sis-in-law on sunday. I finished the 1st 2 in 3 days. i am now in my 4th day and 3rd book.. i can't wait to finish it and go onto the last book.

the more i read it the more i keep wondering if there are any Edward Cullen-s in the world. obviously not the vampire part of him, but the romantic, impposibly sweet and fiercely protective nature of a lover.. it is so awakening to my senses.. i just cannot stop thinking abt how attractive that is. i am so consumed in the love story between edward and bella that i am almost convinced that Rob Pattinson is the real Edward Cullen (especially after watching the movie). Ppl say real life and reel life gets difficult to differentiate after a while. *shrugs*

i have to warn the guys out that if your girlfriend is as obsesed as i am abt the Twilight series.. beware.. Edward Cullen is slowly forming a benchmark for comparison to you.. so start being sweet and nice!

fortunately for me.. i have oredi found "my own personal brand of heroin" (twilight fans will know what this means) but minus the marble skin, chalky face, golden eyes, taut bod, superhuman speed, omg the list goes on forever. but ya, i've found my own Edward Cullen and am content that we're both humans. :p

tho i think i secretly yearn for a life of danger and secrets..

i can't believe wat this novel is doing to me - unleashing my wild side.. if this is considered wild. haha.

i'm gonna leave u with my fave Edward Cullen quotes so far.. it's as classic as Jerry Maguire's "You complete me", I SWEAR! (but u gotta read it to believe it!)

"If I could dream at all, it would be about you." Twilight, Chapter 13, Pg. 274
"And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb.." Twilight, Chapter 14, Pg. 294
"Look after my heart - I've left it with you." Eclipse, Chapter 4, Pg. 95

There will be more to come when i finish book 3 and 4. *grinning-from-ear-to-ear* :)

0 comments: