CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

i did something very bitchy this morning. but it was definitely called for!

i emailed the ferry ppl yday at 5.02pm to tell them to change my return ferry from bintan to the one at 1530 hours cuz i happened to be at their website and saw they had 3 seats left. the last time i booked online it was full so i had to book the earlier one at 1130 hours which means i will have to check out earlier than the expected time.

but seeing how quickly the number of seats available are jumping by the minute, i decided to call them directly. but only to find out they close at 5pm daily. darn. so i wait.

this morning, i got a call from them saying the 1530 hours ferry is full and asked if i wanted to book the one at 1730 hours. DUH! a whole night has passed and definitely someone's gone online to book the remaining 3 seats on the 1530 ferry! was super frustrated so asked if i cud waitlist on the 1530 hours ferry until it becomes available again.

ferry rep: no ma'm. we don't do waitlist. and we can't amend ferry reservations over the phone. you will have to email us.

me: but the availability of seats is changing so fast online, how can you be sure you will attend to my email in time to secure those seats?

ferry rep: er ok.. then you give us a call once you send out the email. let us know u want us to attend to it immediately.


me thinking to myself: wat the hell is the difference with that and changing my reservation over the phone directly?!

me: ok fine. i'll do that. thanks.

after i hung up, i was fuming mad cuz now it's either i check out 3 hours earlier (which also means waking up 3 hours earlier, and ALSO mean my banyan tree experience is cut short by 3 hours!) or i hang ard the stupid ferry terminal doing nothing for 4 hours!

due to this fanning anger, i clicked "refresh" on my screen repeatedly and suddenly, i saw that the availability of the 1530 hours ferry became "4" from the original "Full".

i wasted no time, i typed a one-line email to them to ask them to refer to the email below and to change the ferry to 1530 hours for me NOW. once i clicked "send", i picked up the phone and pressed redial. very fatefully, the same ferry rep i spoke to just now answered my call.

me: hi, i just sent you an email. can you attend to it immediately?

ferry rep: er ok.. what is your email address ma'm?

me: kelleia@gmail.com

ferry rep: ok ma'm, pls hold.


she left me holding for about 2 minutes and came back on the line.

ferry rep: ma'm, your email does not say the date of the ferry u wish to amend the booking for.

me: if you scroll down to the bottom of the email, you will see that my return ferry states 27 apr.

ferry rep: ok, pls hold ma'm.


i hold for another one minute and she came back on.

ferry rep: ma'm, may i have your passport number, pls?

she is staring at my reservation form which has ALL my details and still she asks for my passport number!! i give it to her anywae.

ferry rep: ok ma'm. your reservation has been changed. i will now send you the confirmation email.

me: thank you.


*click*

ok maybe that was not bitchy but i think i pissed her off that i called back 5 minutes later to ask her to attend to my email immediately, just like she told me to when she refused to amend my reservation over the phone. and i sent her one crap of an email. clearly showing that i am merely doing the notion of it and not realli meaning to do it the right way. but if it had not been such a total coincidence that the website showed me 4 seats available right after i hung up, i wud not have been able call her right back to piss her off!!! :p

i feel lucky. and happy. and contented now. :) dun have to cut short my holiday. dun have to wake up early. dun have to check out early. :)))

after that, i went back to the website to see if the number "4" has turned into "2" now, after i quickly "choped" the seats. i refreshed the page and saw that it was now flashing "Full".

Lucky i called them immediately!! :p

0 comments: