CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Monday, April 28, 2008

he proposed!!!

i am amazed and delirious at the same time. things like this dun normally slip past me without me knowing! this is the 1st time i have been truly surprised and most imptly.. very very touched.

this whole milestone of my life has turned out note-perfect. as if someone up there is planning every step of our way to make sure nothing goes wrong.. and nothing cud have gone wrong, everything was perfect, right down to the weather, the time, the place.. everything... even the timing if my nature's call was perfect.. it's unbelieveable.. if this is not fate, then i dunno wat else is.

it started out as a trip for him to take a break from work and just spend time relaxing.. he asked me to plan a trip to a resort for a weekend getaway and i did... turned out i managed to get a good deal with Banyan Tree and so we were booked for it..

we checked in on the 1st day and basically lounged ard.. nothing much.. we planned each day as it came.. not so much like to the last detail but at our own time and leisure.. we had a nice dinner at their restaurant called "Treetops" that night and retired to our room for our dvd and fell asleep shortly..

the next day we woke up to a nice bubbly jacuzzi dip.. showered and got changed for brunch.. after that we headed for spa... (that is a whole new experience on its own! will tell u more in my next post!) and returned to our villa to wait for our in-villa barbeque. i was slightly shocked that he insisted on having this barbeque cuz it was one of the most expensive things to do in Banyan Tree. Have the staff set up a barbeque for you in ur private villa... beside our bubbling jacuzzi and dining in our private patio was such a beautiful experience..

after the dinner, i was stuffed.. and i needed to go to the toilet (it was so timely!) so i went to do my business and when i came back out, i changed into my bikini for our jacuzzi session and stepped outside to our patio to find 2 glasses lit with candles in them on our deck table, with an empty wine glass in the middle of the 2 glasses. well, the wine glass looked empty at that point! and who wud have thot i wud be proposed to in my bikini, and him in his boxers??? HAHA!

so i said in amusement, "wow!! u lit candles! how romantic is that?! but why is there an empty glass in the middle??"

he looked at me with a weird smile on his face but i jus ignored it. i thot maybe he cud not find one more candle for the glass.

he then said, "come, let's go sit at the deck bed for a while."

so i walked there, sat on the deck bed and found that the candles looked realli pretty. so i dashed back into the villa to grab my camera and went to sit myself back on the deck bed and snapped away. i absolutely did not notice the slight irritation on his face, which he later told me.

1st picture turned out like that:


then i wanted to take a second picture and so went to adjust the empty glass and snapped this:


and that was when.. i saw this..!


i thot my eyes were playing tricks on me, but was that a ring i saw in the glass?? i picked up the glass, looked in it and looked back at him. he was beaming with happiness that i finally saw the ring!

"wow, there's a ring in the glass."

"yes..?" he said still beaming.

i poured out its contents and showed it to him, "look, it's a diamond ring!"

"yes..?"

i looked at the ring, and looked at him and looked at the ring, "is this suppose to mean something?"

he stifled a giggle and said, "yes.."

"er.. so r u going to say it?"

he was so adorable and shy! he took the ring from me with a silly grin on his face looking very lost and said, "er, do i have to get on my knees?"

"whatever makes you comfortable, my dear!"

he remained seated on the deck bed beside me and muttered the magic words, "will you marry me?"

i could not resist my tears when they streamed down my face upon hearing those words. through my tears i said, "yes!" and he went on to put the ring on my finger.

"Does it fit?"

through my now-pouring tears, i replied a sobbish "no..." and he slipped it in my middle finger instead to prevent it from falling.

"we go alter tgt next weekend, ok?"

i nodded my head and we sat there hugging for a long time.

:)

i nv realli imagined how i wanted him to propose to me but i can tell u now that this had been the best possible way. i was totally unsuspecting and truly surprised. i was looking forward to a Banyan Tree experience, not a proposal!! so it really had been a bonus.

apparently he had been planning for this all the time and it was an excuse that he wanted a break. he had realli wanted to propose actually. how sweet is that??? *my tears are welling up again!*

i applaude all those around me who knew of his grand plan and kept hush. they are superb actors!

it's hard to describe how i feel now.. i realli feel so blessed. i look at my ring ard my finger and i am instantly taken back to the moment at Banyan Tree. i haven't been able to sleep properly since that night as i am way too happy and excited. but i am really not complaining. :)

i am going to put up more pictures of my trip in my next post... so stay tuned!! :D

3 comments:

zcatz said...

Oh my girl, its so touching to hear your good news, your boy is so sweet! I am groaning with envy man... Congratulations!

Mrs. Lee said...

thank u!! i am going to meet u girls and tell u all the details, ok!!! :)))

zcatz said...

Erm, don't make me wait too long. I am waiting already.