CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Of Annoying Colleagues (& more)

Exhibit A - Charles

Charles has been a long time friend of my BFF Nic (ok, they used to date). Only when he got an internal transfer to my side of the office did I realize that we were working in the same company.

To be honest, though I have met Charles several times before in the past years, we nv had anything in common to talk abt. His very presence makes me uncomfortable as he's loud, crude and possibly overbearing. So I hadn't been too excited since I found out that we were working together - and to my horror.. i realised that he had been going ard telling our colleagues abt my personal matters which I had confided in Nic (and Nic had nv imagined that Singapore would be this small) and treating it like it didn't matter. LIKE MY LIFE DIDN'T MATTER. obviously in his case, my life didn't matter to him. what aggravates me the most is that he doesn't even bother to try to be discreet abt it and openly discusses MY LIFE when I am around, with the other colleagues in our office pantry.

I complained to Nic abt it and she apologised abt telling him, which i totally do not blame her for. i nv saw this coming too. Nic had recently stopped talking to him as he had also been loudspeakering Nic's personal matters to their common friends. ans he was totally pissing her off.

in the end, Nic and i concluded that Charles's loudspeakering behaviour was due to his need to boast abt his own popularity. like he is alwaes in the know of everyone's business and is more than willing to share the "information" with ppl who are willing to be on the receiving end.

and if this is his way of being buddy-buddy with me, he is so hitting all the wrong buttons. i am THIS CLOSE to clobbering him, i swear.

Exhibit B - Dan

When Dan and I just started out talking, i found him to be a very sweet and thoughtful guy. alwaes smiling and well-mannered. and until lately.. i noticed a slight change in his behaviour towards me. he loves to stare. he stares at me from across the table in the pantry, he stares at me at our colleague's wedding dinner 2 seats away from me and he stares at me through the glass door when i am in the meeting room, facing his desk outside. IT IS SUPER EERIE! and all thru this time, he does nothing. he doesn't talk to the person next to him, he doesn't read the papers that he holds in front of him and when i look up to glare at him, he looks away. and as soon as i return to doing whatever i was doing before, he goes back to staring at me again!!! it is damn frustrating!

the worst thing is that he will alwaes create an opportunity to talk to me in the office and it realli puts me off. like when i am getting a drink of water in the pantry alone, he wud stroll in and chit chat, and walk out with me after that.. not having touched anything in the pantry, i.e. he had no need to go into the pantry, except to talk to me! *yucks*

or when we go out to lunch in a grp.. he wud alwaes walk beside me and join in all the conversations that i engage in. it has pissed me off so much that i have recently taken to being real sarcarstic with him and rolling my eyes at him ever so often.

i dun want to guess why he is being like this ard me, i just want it to stop! it is turning into some kind of harassment and invasion of privacy and i realli realli hate it!

see, this is one of the reasons why i dun get buddy-buddy with guys. just one nice word/action and they immediately take it the wrong way! they are so annoying!

whoever said guys and girls can have platonic relationships is so lying, i tell u.

0 comments: