CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Friday, March 07, 2008

this is the 100th post of my blog! happy 100th post, blog! :p

wat a way to mark the 100th post of my blog.. i am gg to tell u wat a fool i've been this morning.

so as usual, i woke up this morning, dragged myself to the bathroom, took my 20 minute shower, picked out my friday best from my wardrobe and went on to put on my make-up, blow-dry my hair, matched my accessories and shoes and packed my bag making sure i did not forget anything. it was 9am by then. yes i was late but boss was not in and i normally can get to work in 40 minutes and ppl in my office normally only start strolling in at 9.30am. so in this case, i wud technically only be 10 minutes late. :p (i love my twisted analogies!)

so anywaes, with all those random thots in my mind, mostly abt my gold slippers that i have brought along with me to work to change into after work and grabbing my white heels from my shoe basket beside the door to wear in the office and reaching for the black shoe bag to put my slippers in and a mental note to remember my keys, i grabbed the door handle and opened my room door, locked it from behind and slammed the door shut.

the door went "BOM"!

sorry, did i lose u in my trail of thots? well, u r not alone, i got lost in my own thots too.

so much so that when the door went "BOM", i quickly remembered that i had forgotten to grab my keys.

but that's ok, cuz being the blessed person i am, i have just placed a set of spare keys at theresa's place a few days ago! so off i go to work, and will grab the spare set before i come home tonight. so i walked to the main door quickly, as i was oredi late. opened the wooden door and..

DAMN!

the lock on my gate required keys to open them and my key was in the room with the rest of the bunch!

so much for being blessed.

i dug into my bag for my phone (and at that moment, thanking the heavens that i had not also left my phone in the room behind the locked door!) and quickly dialled theresa's number.

she said there was no one home to rescue me out of my castle (she stays one block away).

so, i am dead. stuck between the main gate and my room door. WAT THE HELL!

think, brain, think! how how how?? pick the lock?? look for spare keys? call landlord and ask them where they've placed it??? but they've locked their room too! and i can't ask them to rush back from their work so i can get to mine!!! and wat if i can get someone to get the spare keys from theresa's place and come rescue me?? if i called landlord to ask for spare keys in the house, they'd oredi know i am being locked in and if someone came to rescue me, i'd be gone when they return home after work today and they'd find out i had their keys duplicated! (which i am not supposed to!)

these were the exact thots that were racing thru my mind in my desperation and i was realli abt to cry. it was 9.30am at that point.

i called *him* and he suggested i call the landlord. BUT I CUDN'T. and i was a bit pissed that he cud not help me. but realli, it was my own frustration.. it wasn't realli his fault.

right after i hung up with him, i got a message from theresa:
"my brother will be home in an hour."

THANK GOD! i'm going to be very late for work but at least i kno help is on the way!! and that i won't have to alert my landlord!

i called my colleague to tell her wat's happened and tt i am gg to be late. then i turned on the tv and watched The Ellen Degeneres Show. It was good. One hour went passed quite quickly. and true enough exactly one hour later, theresa's brother showed up at my gate and rescued me from my castle!!

*he* then came to pick me up and sent me to office.

SUCH A DRAMA-MAMA MORNING! somehow i fault my golden slippers for this whole slip-up. they distracted me from grabbing my keys!

i doubt i will ever forget my keys again.. ever.

oh ya, i reached office at 11.30am. how ar, like that must take half day not???? :(

0 comments: