CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

♫ Stuff In My Head ♫

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Phone Wars!

dun remember if i've blogged abt this before.. but i've traded in my trusty ol' nokia 6300 for the IT-savvy Sony Ericsson W960i..

this was a result of witnessing my sister using the phone and thinking to myself, "This phone is total coolness! i have to get it too!" and not realising that perhaps it was my sister who made it cool, and nothing at all to do with the phone itself.

so anywae.. within weeks, i became the proud owner of a W960i and also the 1st time owner of a Smart phone.. and truth be told.. i realised i am not exactly someone who needs so much technology on a day-to-day basis.. and i also realised i am not as cool as my sister who was using the phone with ease. i was having problems with adjusting to it.

and as most Smart phone owners would know.. they run on Symbian and system is prone to "hanging" when you have a lot of applications running at the same time. i will honestly say that i nv had this problem when i was using the traditional java programmed phones like my Nokia 6300.

so one month into owning the W960i, i got a bit irritated with its system alwaes hanging on me and its functions are way too complicated for my simple mind. but well.. the phone did cost me quite a bit.. so i decided to hold out until my mobile phone contract ends at the end of a 2-yr span.

at least that was wat i thot until 2 months into using the phone.. the mic gave up on me. it refused to work. whenever i had incoming calls, the person on the other line wud not be able to hear me AT ALL. i had to put up with the nonsense for 2 days until i finally decided..

I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH FOR A SMART PHONE. or perhaps i was just not destined for a Sony Ericsson.

and so i walked myself to the mobile phone service provider and traded in the W960i for a spanking new Nokia 6600 Slide.

yea, so i am a Nokia fan after all. its fashionista appearance and simple functions are jus perfect for someone like me - a bimbo.


i swear, these images do this phone an injustice.. it is so pretty in my hands!! and the best thing abt its interface (other than the fact it is java-supported, not Symbian) is that, it is like an upgraded version of my Nokia 6300.. and i am truly loving it! (i dun remember being this excited when i laid my hands on the W960i for the 1st time - if anything i felt lost using it!)

I guess the moral of my story is.. the good stuff might not suit you the best.. i.e. mai gei kiang! :p

i've learnt my lesson well this time!

0 comments: